Hospitals and organisations
Goal of the myCLIC rehabilitation
Reduce the likelihood of recurrence of cardiovascular disease in cardiac patients
About myCLIC Rehabilitation
The myCLIC rehabilitation is intended for heart patients. The myCLIC rehabilitation aims to reduce the recurrence of cardiovascular disease through lifestyle and health advice.
The myCLIC rehabilitation uses the SMART risk score in order to calculate the heart risk. The SMART risk score was developed by the UMC Utrecht algorithm that maps the likelihood of recurrence of cardiovascular disease.
How does it work?
The patient or physician introduces a number of medical data (blood pressure, cholesterol, glucose and eGFR).
- The patient fills out a comprehensive lifestyle questionnaire.
- With the results of the lifestyle questionnaire and the medical information, the SMART risk score and lifestyle score are calculated.
- Each patient receives a personal web site with his or her results, tips and a health plan.
- The patient regularly receive tips by e–mail that relate to his or her health profile.
- The patient may recalculate the lifestyle score up to five times a year, and the SMART risk score up to three times a year. The personalised health profile as well as the tips provided to the participant will automatically adapt to the new results.
- With this, the myCLIC rehabilitation program makes it’s patients more aware of their current health and lifestyle and offers them the tools for improvement.
The myCLIC rehabilitation program is currently active within the Netherlands (cardiovitaal.mijnclic.nl).
Medical Details and Lifestyle
Among others, the following medical information must be entered.
- Blood pressure
- Total cholesterol
- HDL cholesterol
- Glucose levels
After that, health and lifestyle will be measuredon the personal website of the participant.
- Medical questionnaire
- Lifestyle questionnaire
With this, the health and lifestyle of the participant has been carefully mapped out.
Each participant receives a personal myCLIC prevention profile on the myCLIC prevention website. in addition to the fact that the participant can find his or her Health Check results here, the participant will also receive personalised advice on health and lifestyle which are all adapted to each paticipant’s personal needs.
The myCLIC prevention program has the potential to generate more than 400 million different types of profiles, this means that the myCLIC prevention profiles will always fit each and every participant’s personal needs.
- The participants regularly receive emails with tips that fit the partipant’s personal profile.
- The patient can recalculate his or her lifestyle score up to five times a year, and may recalculate the SMART risk score up to three times a year.
- The personal health profile and tips automatically adjust to new results.
- The patient can consult his or her results, tips and the advice provided by the myCLIC rehabilitation program at all times on his or her personal profile.
The results and recommendations of the heart risk and lifestyle score are based on medically validated algorithms and the Dutch standards for lifestyle and health, exercise, smoking, alcohol, nutrition and Relaxation (BRAVO).
SMART risk score
Het SMART risk is the risk a heartpatient has to be struck by cardiovascular disease again (for example a heart attack or a stroke). The SMART risk has been developed by the UMC Utrecht in which the data of 5.800 patients from the SMART- (Secondary Manifestations of ARTerial disease) study, have been used.
The Lifestyle Score is calculated based on validated medical questionnaires. The lifestyle algorithm is developed in-house with the help of cardiologists and health scientists. The lifestyle score is expressed as a number between 1-10.